Thursday, June 29, 2006

All over the place today...

Before-Me, Anisia (my niece) and Eli (age 3)

After-Donna, the grandmaster champ, passed me at mile 4 (on left), and Emily passed me at mile 2 and came in 2nd for our age division. Yes, they are both wearing their Boston gear. I'll get there soon...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I ran the Moon Pie 10 mile race in Bell Buckle, TN two weekends ago. Last year I ran it in 1:17:00 flat. Being the confident person I am, I thought, "1:16, no problem." On mile two I already knew I was toast. Toast with jello legs. The weather was unbearable (94), I couldn't breath properly, and to make it worse I started getting passed by runners with headphones (this is usually a bad sign) and my former running partner .
The first 5 miles were ROUGH and much hillier than I cared to remember. The 4 1/4 mile hill was so painfully elevated that I made my first ever stop in a race. This lasted approximately .2 seconds as a lady screamed, "Come'n! Don't stop." Her tone let me know that if I didn't listen to her, she was going to hurt me. From mile 5 on I picked up the pace and started passing runners. If there was a female in sight, I focused on them and made sure I passed them. Then another. Then another. On mile 9 I passed a very athletic runner, but that took all of my mental powers to make that pass . But it was all in vain. There wasn't enough time to make up the slower pace from mile 1-4 1/2. The athletic female that I worked so hard to pass, passed me again on the last .10 of the mile. Encouraging as she was, "Come on. You can do it," just wasn't enough... and I came trudging in with a time of 1:20. That is an 8:04 pace vs. my 7:42 the previous year. Oh well. Can't win them all.
6th women in my division, 26th female overall. 850 runners.

Yeah, that's me third back. Okay, my competition doesn't look to tough,

but I did pass these two.

Fan of random photos

As I crossed the Moon Pie line...."I'm going to DisneyWorld!" Okay, I didn't scream that, but I really am going to DisneyWorld and Epcot next week. I'm even skipping a doctoral level course. I astound myself sometimes!



More random photos. This is my bedroom. This is what my bedroom should look like. This is not what it currently looks like. Being jobless for the summer, I have an obligation to be housewife-like at least twice a year.

Speaking of random...let us take a trip down random picture lane.

Maria, Brayan's sister, visiting us from her current home in Hawaii.

Home sweet home. Actually, I'm not too attached. We are planning on selling this soon. Anyone interested?